Sunday, January 13, 2013

Thus ends the first 7 of 300 days

Why not 365 days? Or 366 since it's a leap year?

I'll tell you why. Not every day will have rice in it. Some days there will be potatoes or sweet potatoes or corn! Since there are a TON of GF bloggers out there who post recipes and what-not, I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

Because really, this blog isn't about being GF. It's about exploring all the different ways that rice can be used in recipes. You might be surprised at where it can turn up! If you've ever eaten a Rice Krispie Treat, you've eaten rice. Or Chex cereal? As long as it isn't Wheat Chex, it's GF *and* will have rice in it. Rice Krispies and Chex cereals are my go-to cereals.

Kellogg's makes a GF version of Rice Krispies but even fresh out of the bag they taste STALE. Regular Rice Krispies use malt flavoring and the jury is still out on whether or not the malt flavoring contains gluten or is harmful to celiacs, so it can't be labelled GF. I can eat regular Rice Krispies with no ill side-effects, but I can't eat anything made with wheat flour. Whether or not you want to risk eating the regular Rice Krispies is up to you, but don't say I didn't warn you about the GF ones. They taste OK in Rice Krispies Treats, though. So there is that.
MMMMM Rice Krispies Treats. Now I want some.

No comments:

Post a Comment