Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 3

Day 3: Roast chicken, egg & cauliflower curry, spinach
Not the best picture but.... This was a yummy meal. Well, except for the spinach which tasted rather ODD. The rice is plain old steamed jasmine rice, cooked in the rice cooker, nothing fancy. The chicken however is a Cantonese Roast Chicken that my better half makes. The weird blob and egg in the bottom of the picture is cauliflower/boiled egg in curry sauce. Don't ask. The egg was good, but I over cooked the cauliflower. Whoops!

There are a lot of types of rice! For the majority of the dishes we make at home, they will be made with jasmine rice because it's what we buy. In 25 pound bags. We go through about 1 bag per month with 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids ages 10, 8, 6). We also give my dad about 5 pounds or so a month because he LOVES rice. And well, we have plenty. If I make a dish with something OTHER than jasmine rice, I'll be sure to note it. I'll also link to recipes if they are available. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment